October 15, 2003

Twocking

I was just about to publish the post below when there was a knock at the front door.

Mac opens it and there's a policewoman standing there.

"Good Evening Madam. Do you know where your car is at the moment?"
"Er, it's parked just up the road."
"No it's not."
(Pause)
"Okay. Are you going to tell me where it is or am I going to have to guess?"
(Mac can get tetchy when people steal her stuff)
"It's doing laps round Southmead I'm afraid."

If the police are in pursuit when the joyriders abandon the vehicle, we'll likely get it back, otherwise they'll torch it.

We're really hoping it's not found burnt out. We're not worried about the car, it's the music; about twenty or so cassettes, including some of our favorite sounds: Otis Redding, Bill Withers, Najma, Patsy Kline, "Sinatra Swings", an old country music compilation with "All my exes live in Texas", "Home grown tomatoes" and the rest.

I'll let you know how it turns out.