October 03, 2003

An evening out

Mac and I are going out for a meal this evening.

The sitter arrives at eight and once the two young ones are settled, we’ll be off out for some fine Mexican cuisine.

We’re going to Casa Mexicana in Bristol. I used to eat there pretty regularly about fifteen years ago, when I was footloose and fancy free. A lot of restaurants with a Mexican theme have opened in Bristol since then, but Casa Mexicana still does the best Mexican food in town.

It doesn’t look like they have a website I can link to, but I found this short review by Caroline Stacey in the Independent, which just about covers it.

I was surprised that Casa Mexicana doesn’t have an on-line presence; even the Ma-and-Pa’s where I had lunch yesterday has a website: check out the “muriels”. No, I don’t know why Bristol people call them that, but I always think it’s funny when they do.

Ahora, tengo que ir. Hasta mañana.