October 20, 2003

Crime and punishment

No blogging yesterday. Mac and I went to a 30th birthday bash on Saturday night. It was a fun party, hosted by my favorite Canadian: Happy Birthday Michele!

It was kind of odd to be the oldest person at the party. That hasn’t happened to me before; all part of getting older I guess. It was a sobering experience, or it would have been if I hadn’t broken my three drink rule.

I didn’t drink much by English standards (folks over here can really put it away) but I mixed beer and wine, which I haven’t done in a long time. I spent most of Sunday remembering why.

By the way, Mac’s car has been found and the police have arrested some people in connection with the theft. We can’t have it back yet as the SOCO people haven’t dusted it for prints. I doubt whether they’re going to give it the full CSI treatment but they seem very professional.

No word yet on whether they’re going to prosecute the case. Sure, they’re collecting evidence but who knows whether there’ll be enough of it to warrant a prosecution.

I’ll keep you posted.