October 03, 2003

Chapman's back

Steve Chapman is back from his blogging hiatus with a post about the Brent East by-election, public cynicism and anarcho-individualism.

Steve took a break from blogging at the start of September, but has returned promising longer but less frequent posts.

He's changed his mind about the war in Iraq (he's now anti), so I'm looking forward to his post on the subject. He prefigured his position in the comments to this post.

I changed my mind over Iraq (a 'cause' I took some convincing over anyway) for the simple reason of realising that it is impossible to support such a war and still call oneself a libertarian, whatever the folks over at Samizdata say. There's a logical continuum between opposing the interventions of government at home 'for our own good' and opposing the same abroad for 'THEIR own good.'
I'd like to see that "logical continuum" idea worked out in a post, because I’m not sure you can so easily compare the two situations. But I'd be interested to see someone try.

Here's hoping we won't have to wait so long for that next post.