October 15, 2003

Study time

Did I say I’ve been tidying the study?

Actually, I’m just moving stuff from one cluttered horizontal surface to another. There’s just not enough room for all the papers, books, notes and whatever, so they end up perched wherever I last put them. I must have over twenty yards of shelf-space in here, and it’s still not enough.

I’m thinking of more shelving, Mac thinks I should get rid of some books. Sounds like sacrilege to me, but I guess I’m going to have to bite the bullet. But what to ditch?

While I’m thinking about it, here are five books I certainly won’t be getting rid of:

Battle Cry of Freedom - James M. McPherson

Zurich International Chess Tournament 1953 - David Bronstein

The Psychopathology of Everyday Life - Sigmund Freud

The Mismeasure of Man - Stephen Jay Gould

The Inflationary Universe - Alan H Guth

I only wish I had the time to spend re-reading them. Ah well, back to work.