October 22, 2003

Good news

A while back I was complaining about my archives being down and some other problems I was having with Blogspot.

I’m not about to start criticizing Blogspot. It’s a free service and without it, I wouldn’t have started blogging. I've only been posting since the start of July, but already it feels about time to move on. I don't want to stay at Blogspot and end up complaining about something I've been grateful for.

So, I decided to take advantage of Dean Esmay's generous Blogspot Jihad offer. I’m pleased to say that Dean has worked his magic, and I now have a shiney new Moveable Type blog, with comments and everything.

To me, it’s a thing of beauty and I could start using it right away. But I’m going to keep posting here while I set up my blogroll and double check I know what I’m doing with MT.

In the meantime, I’m adding a sidebar link to Dean’s site. Not because he set up the new blog for me (for which I'm very grateful) but because Dean’s World has been one of my regular reads for a while now, and deserves to be on my sidebar.

If you visit Dean's blog, be sure to check out his recent posts on Frida Kahlo and Leni Riefenstahl; there are some great images and lots of discussion in the comments.

Now, if you’ll excuse me, I’m going to go and stare enchantedly at my new blogsite.