October 02, 2003

Plame wars

I was on my way over to the Cul-de-Sac at Suburban Blight when I came across Kelley's take on the Plame affair.

I'm just not seeing the proof. I'm not even seeing anything, at this point, other than innuendo. I'm not being sarcastic - have I missed something? Two days ago I hear this ridiculous interview with Wilson on the radio, and today lawmakers are calling for a special prosecutor? WTF? Is there even evidence enough in the affair to warrant a special prosecutor yet?
I feel pretty much the same way. It's probably a whole lot of hullabaloo about nothing but if it isn't, and they find some evidence of serious wrongdoing, I'll be pretty p'd about it.

I've been actively following the story only to the extent of noticing that googling "Plamegate" a couple of days ago produced just 6 results, whereas today the same search produces about 135 hits. Expect that number to rise considerably over the next few days as the loonies join the bandwagon.

Wake me up if they find anything.