November 27, 2003

Talking turkey

Up and about

Up early making breadcrumbs, lots of them.

Eldest son, whose job it is to make the Thanksgiving stuffing, won’t be back from school until mid-morning but I want to make sure everything’s ready for him. Last year, he misread the recipe and ended up making three times the quantity (“Dad! I think we’re going to need a bigger bird.”). We were still eating it at Christmas.

Out and about this morning, checking the blogs.

Rachel Lucas pops up to say Happy Thanksgiving. Rachel stopped blogging earlier this year but, like a lot of people, I drop by her blog every day just to see if she’s back. She will be.

Norm Geras has posted the results of his Alternative Big Read. Two of my three nominations (The Grapes of Wrath and Catch-22) made it into the top ten. My third choice (The Hitchhiker’s Guide to the Galaxy) didn’t even place. Go figure.

On a festive note, Michele at A Small Victory has tons of Thanksgiving posts and Kelley, over at Suburban Blight, has one hell of a recipe for Sweet-Potato Casserole.

Which reminds me, I’m needed in the kitchen. Later.