November 25, 2003

Pirozhki piroshki pierogi

Whatever you call them, they’re good eating.

Jackie at Daily Bread has posted the recipe for her Gramma D’s Pierogies.

When I cook piroshkies, I fill them with mushrooms and rice, deep fry them and serve them with soup. Jackie’s grandmother’s pierogies are stuffed with potato and cheese, boiled rather than fried, and served with sour cream. Mmm.

I don’t do piroshkies that often, largely because I don’t like making dough. There’s something about kneading and rolling that just doesn’t appeal to me. Still, that pierogi recipe sounds worth trying. Maybe Mac will give me a hand with the dough, she’s a wiz.

Regular readers will know I love to cook (I get to do it every day), I post a few recipes of my own from time to time, and I like talking about food. Reasons enough, I think, to make Daily Bread the latest addition to my blogroll.

If you like Nigella Lawson, pop on over, they’ve got a prize competition going on.

Thanks to Normblog for the link.