May 26, 2008

Sick note

Okay, I'm not disoriented, I just don't know what day it is.

All day yesterday, I kept thinking it was Sunday. I've lost a day somewhere - which is a good thing. It means there's one less day to go until I have surgery. Not that I'm looking forward to being operated on, but it will be a blessed relief to be rid of this gall bladder of mine.

I get to meet the surgeon (again) in about two weeks time and then, hopefully, I'll get a date for the op. I'm not holding my breath - the hospital has had to close a number of wards due to an outbreak of Norovirus and a lot of operations have had to be postponed. I know someone who was due to have a heart bypass just before Christmas - he's still waiting to go in. So, like I said, I'm not holding my breath.

In the meantime, I'm maxed out on painkillers. Unfortunately, they're not working so good anymore - either because I've built up a tolerance (I haven't been able to take a day off them for a while) or because my condition is worsening. In any case, I'm one sick animal.

Posting might be lighter than usual for a while.