May 06, 2008

Linky goodness

I've added a couple of blogs to the links in my Blog Round (over in the righthand sidebar):

Pickled Politics is a group blog focusing on current affairs from a progressive viewpoint with "an Asian (meaning South Asia) tinge".

xkcd is "a webcomic of romance, sarcasm, math, and language" by Randall Munroe.

Evolution Blog is the work of Jason Rosenhouse an associate professor of Mathematics at James Madison University (where he just got tenure). He covers a wide range of topics but tends to focus on the debate over evolution and creationism.

A quick word about the blogs I link to in the sidebar: Just because I link to a blog in the sidebar doesn't mean I endorse their politics or philosophy. I mostly link to blogs that are well written, and which I think have a distinctive voice and a thoughtful approach. Some are less than thoughtful but stand out for different reasons, others I just find funny or interesting.

Anyway, they are all worth visiting for one reason or another, so if there's nothing of interest here, cursor over to the sidebar and check out some of the fine bloggers you'll find there.

Update
On the subject of blog links: I just discovered Pootergeek has had a makeover - he's redesigned his site and is now blogging with WordPress 2.5.1. Go visit but be warned, Pootergeek "contains scenes of moderate fantasy menace".