April 06, 2008

A tale of two lovers

Taken from the AA Pocket Guide French phrase book, Section 10 Conversation: Chatting someone up.

(I’ve omitted the French but other than that it's exactly as it appears on the page.)

French conversation

I like being with you
I’ve missed you so much
I dreamt about you
I think about you all day
You have such a sweet smile
You have such beautiful eyes
I’m in love with you
I’m in love with you too
I love you
I love you too
I don’t feel as strongly about you
I already have a boyfriend/girlfriend
I’m not ready for that
This is going too fast for me
Take your hands off me
Okay, no problem
Will you stay with me tonight?
I’d like to go to bed with you
Only if we use a condom
We have to be careful about AIDS
That’s what they all say
We shouldn’t take any risks
Do you have a condom?
No? In that case we won’t do it