September 24, 2003

Blogspot blues

Monday, Kelley over at suburban blight kindly linked one of my posts in the Cul-de-Sac, her weekly round up of postings from across the blogosphere.

Kelley’s linked to a number of my posts over the last few months and I’m always grateful for the readers who come take a look. This week, she linked to a post I wrote about poetry, apple pie and pilau rice (I have eclectic tastes).

Thanks for the link Kelley, and thanks to anyone who clicked on it, but unfortunately links to my site, other than to the homepage, aren’t working. My archives are inaccessible, they have been for a couple of days now, and I can’t create archive links for any new posts I put up.

What’s the point in blogging if no one can link to your posts?

What’s the point in writing stuff if other people can’t read it?

Those are rhetorical questions; please don’t answer them. What I’d really like to know is:

Will my archive links ever return?

Is there anything I can do to help restore them?

What caused the problem in the first place?

How can I prevent it happening again?

UPDATE
The links to my archives are back! Except for August. How? Why?
I want out: Moveable Type and a site of my own. I'm dreaming of course, but one day...