June 29, 2008

Up and about

I've been up and about the last couple of days, I even managed to do some cooking. We had Bang Bang Chicken for dinner last night, along with plain chow mein - they don't really go together but Mac said it was the best chow mein she'd ever eaten (I think she was being kind). The chicken recipe needs some work (it was the first time I'd cooked it) but it was a nice light meal and completely fat free apart from the sesame oil, chili oil and peanut butter. Okay, so it wasn't fat free but, hey, I'm not going to let a dodgy gall bladder dominate my life.

Talking of which, I dropped in at Baroque in Hackney to check up on the London literati and found Ms Baroque blogging about the gall bladder operation she had a year ago. I shouldn't have read her post. I only want to hear about gall bladder operations that were entirely successful, free of complications and continuing debilitating symptoms or anything else even remotely negative.

I need positive vibes, people!

Have you had a gall bladder operation that went swimmingly well? Was it the best thing that ever happened to you? Did it lead to palpable relief, a speedy recovery and a swift return to normal life? I want to hear from you.