February 27, 2006

Whatshisname

I've never been interested in attending reunions, looking up old acquaintances or tracking down former girlfriends. As far as I'm concerned, the past is another country and I've no desire to go back.

So, you won't find me posting on Friends Reunited. But, every now and again, I find myself wondering: "Whatever happened to So-and-so?" Not that I want to look them up, just interested to know how life turned out for them. Of course, in the modern age, such idle curiosity need not go unanswered.

Last night, I googled "Rainer Hersch".

In my university days, I lived in a student house with this guy.



Twenty odd years later, Rainer is now a classical music comedian (yes, you read that right - you can check out his website for tour dates). And he's just finished a series for BBC Radio called "All the Right Notes, Not Necessarily in the Right Order" - including a profile of American band leader and musical satirist Spike Jones, you can still listen to it here.

Looks like Rainer's doing ok.