July 17, 2003

Who's on first?

The world is divided into two types of people: those who like Abbot and Costello and those who loathe them.

Me, I’m a fan. I used to have an audiotape featuring some of their sketches including the “Who’s on First” routine. I was pretty peeved some years ago when I realised I’d lost it, probably while moving house one time.

I moved house a lot in my twenties and I lost a lot of stuff in the process. Boxes and boxes of stuff: old photos, tapes, albums (large round vinyl things in cardboard sleeves), all manner of sports equipment and a host of strange artefacts that carried college memories.

Like I said, boxes and boxes of stuff.

That final scene in Indiana Jones where they crate up the Ark of the Covenant and lock it away in a huge warehouse; the rest of the crates in there are mine. Carefully packed and diligently undelivered.

Anyway, I don’t know why but I never thought to look for that old Bud and Lou sketch on-line. But Mac did, and last night she found it for me.

LOL!