July 22, 2003

Fair and balanced

Susanna at cut on the bias has a post up about a dispute at the Hartford Courant between the staff cartoonist and the paper’s ombudsman. It’s about a cartoon the Courant published but it’s also about black identity and attitudes towards the police in crime-ridden communities.

It’s called "He sucks, but I respect him" and it's well worth the read.

There’s something you should know: cut on the bias is one of my sidebar links. Susanna and the other people I link to in the sidebar are there because I read them, not because I agree with them or because they represent my picks for “Best of the Web”.

I suppose if they represent anything it’s a kind of coalition of the willing: American, English and Australian, men and women, with a range of political opinions. There are probably few things they would all agree on.

Of course Instapundit is there because he’s Instapundit, the rest because they are good to read, not because they are fair and balanced.

Oh and by the way, don’t be fooled by those doggy pictures Rachel Lucas puts up now and again. When Rachel’s hot and bothered about something she writes piquant rants full of sassy impudence.

Small but perfectly formed.