October 11, 2005

Something different

Every now and again, I like to try something new, something I've never done before - and then go at it with a will.

This year's "something new" is acting: I've started a drama course one evening a week. Yes, I'm learning to be an actor!

Last night in class, I acted out a scene from one of Shakespeare's plays and was so surprised by the teacher's response that I have to say, at first, I doubted his sincerity.

T: Ah! You've played this role before.
Me: No.
T: But you've seen the play?
Me: No.
T: You've done a lot of acting though.
Me: Er, no.

Quite embarassing, really - especially having to reveal that I trained originally as an accountant and have spent my working life in business. Maybe I missed my vocation!

Somehow, I doubt it. But you never know!