October 21, 2005

Autumn break

We just got back from our first trip to Center Parcs.

I was hoping to blog while I was away, and maybe catch up on some e-mail, but I couldn't find a wi-fi connection and access to the resort's computers was limited and expensive.

Anyway, it was great to get away and the boys really enjoyed it - they went swimming every day. It was a nice, relaxing break.

But, here's something that struck me when we arrived: the Gideon's Bible on the bedside table seemed strangely out of place. I hadn't expected to find one there and it jarred a little. I had thought we were still in merry old, multi-cultural England but Gideon seemed to be saying:"Welcome to Christendom".

What's going on? Is Center Parcs a specifically Christian organization, or are the Bible Boys paying for the privilege of leaving their trash in my room?

Really, I'd like to know.