July 07, 2008

Unhealth update

So, I made it the hospital for my pre-op assessment and promptly collapsed. When I came round, I was linked up to an ECG. Thankfully, my heart's okay but my blood pressure is all over the place - it keeps dropping away to abnormally low levels and when that happens I fall over.

Still, if you're going to collapse then a hospital is the best place to do it. They let me out, eventually, after which I walked home (sometimes I do the dumbest things), got in and collapsed again.

Looking on the bright side, my performance at the hospital today seems to have convinced them to try and bump me up the list. I may not have to wait another five weeks for the op.

In the meantime, I've become acutely aware that my well-being is critically dependent on a bunch of pink tubes and squishy internal machinery, some of which ain't working so good, right now.

Anyway, in case you haven't already guessed, I won't be doing much blogging for a while.