July 06, 2005

Cooking not blogging

I haven't been blogging much recently.

Recovering from a couple of bouts of serious illness while trying to maintain some semblance of a blog has been difficult. But I'm reasonably confident that I'm on the road to a full recovery. Mac and the boys are, of course, extremely pleased - they've missed my cooking!

As evidence of my continuing recovery (and to give you a flavor of life in the Junior household) here's this week's menu:

Sunday - cannelloni stuffed with spinach and ricotta
Monday - chicken fajitas
Tuesday - kofta bhuna, chana dahl, pilau rice & homemade chapatties
Wednesday - cheese & lentil wedge wth a tomato and tarragon coulis
Thursday - felafel, humus, baba ganoush, salad and pita
Friday - spaghettini with garlic and fresh herbs

They're just the evening meals. Lunchtimes, I like to experiment with new recipes (Monday, it was fettuccine all'arancio). And, in the afternoons, I'll sometimes make treats for when the boys get home from school - homemade potato chips, fried dumplings or onion bharjis. The rest of the time, I'm shopping or planning next week's meals, which hasn't left much time for blogging.

Still, there's hope. If my recovery proceeds apace, I should be back to more or less regular posting sometime soon, maybe.

Look out for me, huh.