June 28, 2005

Watching Wimbledon

I haven't been blogging much recently; I can't understand how anyone can blog when Wimbledon's on.

You see, tennis is my game, though I haven't played for a couple of years - not since I messed up my knee doing Tai Kwon Do. Now, all I can do is watch. But when Sharapova is playing, watching is almost enough.

The Ladies' Championship is down to the last eight and all the matches will be played today. Here's the draw:

Lindsay Davenport (US) v Svetlana Kuznetsova (Rus)
Amelie Mauresmo (Fr) v Anastasia Myskina (Rus)
Mary Pierce (Fra) v Venus Williams (US)
Nadia Petrova (Rus) v Maria Sharapova (Rus)
Four Russians in the last eight!

I'm hoping for a Davenport-Sharapova final. But if Venus Williams gets past Mary Pierce today, the Sharapova-Williams semi-final should be a joy to watch.

Normal blogging (whatever that is) will resume after the weekend.