September 03, 2008

Midweek games fest

On any given Saturday in the Junior household there's a high possibility that we'll be hosting the Big Fella's friends for one of their major gaming sessions: War Hammer, Risk, War on Terror, Diplomacy, Dungeons and Dragons (1st Edition) and video games - the mix varies.

Today isn't a Saturday but it is the last day of the school holidays, so the Big Fella has organized an Xbox games day: he's linked up a couple of games consoles, commandeered two of the televisions and taken over a couple of rooms for a day of virtual armed combat and heavy metal music. As a result, I've been overrun by up to ten 13 year-olds - though thankfully I only had to prepare lunch for eight of them.

I'm not sure how much blogging I'll get done today - Mac's been up in London all day and she has choir this evening, so I'll be on duty until late in the evening. Back later, maybe.

In the meantime you might want to check out one or two of the blogs in my blogroll over in the right hand sidebar, watch some classic performance poetry or just kick back and listen to some sounds.